Sunday 29 March 2009

And a final one for the day.


One for the Penny Black Challenge

I have used Glimmer Mists for the background onto glossy cardstock. I masked the central section using post it notes - they are oh so useful in crafting ! Sprayed lemon zezt first and dabbed off the excess with kitchen towel, then sprayed the same colour again, lily pad and topped with pearl and irri gold. I played around with the process for some time as I didn't want a sharp edge and found that if I lifted the post-its off before the GM's dried the colours bled a little round the edges which I liked.






I stamped the main image with Penny Black 3939K using Brilliance lightening black, med blue and crimson and embossed with detail clear. You don't have to emboss as brilliance gives a lovely finish, I'm just an 'emboss' person. The scroll is Penny Black 3878F and stamped with Stazon black. I have used the same scroll stamp on the ribbon and finished off with a slide and some black pearl gems (Hero). All products form Sir Stampalot.


1 comment:

Pauline C said...

Gorgeous Brenda - this is so stylish - and love your descriptions of the techniques you ahve used. Thanks for joining in this week's PBSC
Pauline x