Thursday 16 July 2009

Passion for Promarkers

The colours to be used at Passion for Promarkers this week are "Ruby and Gold with the added twist if jewels and gems".

This card is I admit, very similar to one you may have seen before, but it is different, just a style I like and find I return to ........ at least it's not Agapanthus Cluster yet again ! Seems every time I use my new promarkers I find out something new about them. When I do this block background using Hero 2545 I usually use either Marvy pens or distress ink then spritz it to give the watery effect I like to achieve. So as I wasn't sure if this would count as another colour, I decided to see how it would work with promarkers and it did ........ instead of adding the colour to the stamp first, I spritzed it with water first then randomly added gold promarker into the water, stamped quickly onto linen cardstock and hey presto - it worked !

My main image Penny Black 3815J was stamped over the background with versafine sepia and embossed with detail clear, then coloured in with the two permitted colours and diamond glazed.

To achieve the scallops round the edge I used a acetate template cut on Cricut plantin schoolbook and chalked. The vellum was punched with Martha Steward doily lace, ribbon added and a stick pin using beads etc., from Spellbound. Finally, liquid pearls and some gems to embellish.

24 comments:

cheryl said...

this is beatuiful hun great idea too with the pro markers you have made a great job with the colouring great stamp too love cheryl xxxxx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Dazie said...

Oh this is beautiful I love the colours, image well I love everything about it!
Dazie
x

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, love the floral image.
luv
Debby

Louise said...

gorgeous card love the colours

Suzanne said...

Stunning card Brenda love the image thank you for joining us at PFP this week. Sue :o)

Carol said...

Beautiful card, I love the colours, but especially like the gems, really makes the card come alive x

Wiccababe said...

such a pretty card
thanks for joining us at PfP this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

Nannieflash said...

Wow absolutely stunning, I love what youve done with the flowers, you are one very clever lady. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxx By the way Ive left you something on my blog.

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Love the treatment of that stamp.. way cool! :o)

Hugs,
Chrfis xx

pinky said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS CARD
Pinky

Sarah C said...

Beautiful stamp. Love the colours. Fabulous card xoxo

Lauren said...

This is so cute!
Lauren

coldwaters2 said...

Stunning Brenda I love the image and the colours are perfect.

Hugs
Lorraine x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Brenda, what an amazing card. Firstly I love the image, PB floral stamps are so stunning and thanks for the tip about using the promarkers in a different way. Good luck with the challenge, thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

Sally H said...

very Pretty Brenda! A stunning card x

PinksyDoodles said...

Another beautiful card Brenda. Thank you for always explaining your techniques.
Hope you feel better soon.
Clare x

lil-paper-pixie said...

This is lovely, the image is fab and I love the oin, thanks for playing along at PFP.

Hugs

Sarah

aardvarkpest said...

Beautiful card. I love the colours. Beautiful image and colouring.
ps. the stamp I used for my card 'does my bum look big in this is?' from Rubbernecker, hope that helps.

Glenda

craftimamma said...

This is a gorgeous card. I especially like the image you have chosen and the way you have coloured it. It's really delicate and pretty.

Lesley Xx

Natalie said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

CraftyC said...

This is very pretty Brenda, a lovely card
Clairex

Ida / Little said...

A great idea on how to use the ProMarkers in another way!:) Your card turned out beautifully :) Thanks for playing with us at PfP and welcome back tomorrow for a new challenge! :)

Hugs Ida

LittleSunday said...

This is so beautiful!